Check your card reader
We will help you check your card reader and find out the meaning of the number of squares on the display.
Number of rectangles on the card reader display
If one rectangle is shown on the card reader display
One rectangle indicates hardware-related problems.
- Insert the cable into a different USB port to see if you get more than one rectangle on the card reader display.
- Try to connect another cable into the card reader.
- If you still get one rectangle, contact 0771-77 88 99 to order a new card reader and cable.
If two rectangles are shown on the card reader display
- If the driver for the card reader is not already installed, install the software driver according to Step 1 on the following page
Install the BankID security program
- Insert the cable in a different USB port on the computer to check if three rectangles appear on the card reader display.
- Try to connect another cable into the card reader, try all USB ports on your computer.
- If three rectangles appear in the card reader display, try to log in to Handelsbanken's Online Banking.
If three rectangles are shown on the card reader display
Insert the log-in card into the card reader and check if you see a dashed line on the card reader display.
Open the BankID application on your computer and check if your name is shown in the BankID application. Close down the application.
Try to log in again to Handelsbanken's Online Banking.
When the card reader display is blank
Check that the cable is no longer attached to the card reader with the cable.