How do I order an LEI?
You can apply for an LEI directly from an issuer or via an intermediary. The Legal Entity Identifier Regulatory Oversight Committee (LEI ROC) has produced a list of approved issuers.
Issuers approved by LEI ROC (Opens in a new window)Opens in a new window
Here are some frequently used intermediaries:
- NordLEIOpens in a new window
- London Stock Exchange GroupOpens in a new window
- GMEI UtilityOpens in a new window
- BloombergOpens in a new window
How much does an LEI cost and how long does it take?
Depending on the issuer, an LEI costs between SEK 750 and SEK 1 500 for the first year. Subsequent annual fees are between SEK 500 and SEK 1 000. To be able to trade in securities, it is important that you update your LEI every year and pay the annual fee. It will usually take around 5-7 business days to receive your LEI. However, if many companies are applying, it may take longer.
- It takes 5-7 business days to get an LEI, so allow plenty of time.
- Renew your LEI annually.